Washing rugs in the washing machine
Have you checked that your rug is suitable for machine washing with the help of the washing label? If you want to put your rug in the washing machine, proceed as follows:
1. Check that your rug fits in the drum of your washing machine. Proceed with care and avoid excessive stuffing and tearing, which may damage the rug.
2. Find a suitable place to dry the rug because, depending on the size and material, it can be very heavy and cumbersome when wet.
3. Vacuum your rug to remove any coarse dirt.
4. Before washing, check the rug for stubborn stains and treat them beforehand. In our article on cleaning rugs and removing stains, we will explain which method is best.
5.If your rug has long threads or fringes that may get caught in the machine during washing, the use of a laundry bag is recommended.
6. Select the recommended temperature and the specified detergent in combination with a wash cycle that meets the manufacturer's instructions.
7. Wash your rug individually and do not add wash with other textiles, as this is the only way to guarantee that no foreign fibres stick to the rug fibres and that their structure remains the same.